Effective Date: 13 February 2013
Any use by you of this website (the "Site") is conditional upon your acceptance of these Website Conditions of Use, including our Privacy and Cookie Notice (collectively, "Conditions of Use"). We reserve the right to amend these Conditions of Use from time to time without notice and at our discretion. It is your responsibility to review this page periodically for updates, which shall come into effect when posted. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Use. We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any portion, features, or content of the Site at any time. We also may impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts of or the entire Site without notice or liability. The Site is operated by Diageo South Africa (Pty) Ltd, a member of the Diageo group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Diageo plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 23307 and registered address at Lakeside Drive, Park Royal, London NW107HQ, United Kingdom).
The Site is intended for your use only if you are over the age of 18, thus of legal age to purchase alcohol in the Republic of South Africa and in the country from which you are accessing the Site. If you do not fall within this category, you may be in breach of laws or regulations applicable in your country of residence or access, and you should leave the Site immediately.
You may restrict access to this site using content filtering software or by changing your computer settings (e.g. browser or operating system), as appropriate.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE CONDITIONS OF USE IN THEIR ENTIRETY PLEASE LEAVE THE SITE NOW.
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', or 'company' within these Conditions of Use are deemed to refer to Diageo plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
1. Rights - All rights in all material and content (including, but not limited to, text, images, web pages, sounds, software (including code, interface, and website structure), and video, and the look and feel, design, and compilation thereof) on the Site are owned or licensed by us. You agree that you are permitted to use this material and/or content only as set forth in and to the extent permitted by these Conditions of Use.
2. Intellectual Property - Unless otherwise indicated, we are the owner and/or authorised user of all trademarks, service marks, design marks, trade dress, patents, copyrights, database rights and other intellectual property (collectively, the "Intellectual Property") appearing on or contained within the Site. Except as provided in these Conditions of Use, your use of the Site does not grant you any right, title, interest, or license to any such Intellectual Property you may access on the Site. Except as provided in these Conditions of Use, any use or reproduction of the Intellectual Property is prohibited.
3. Restrictions on Use - Except as expressly authorized by law, by us, or by the applicable licensor in writing, you are not entitled to reproduce, transmit, license, sell, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share, or otherwise make available to any person, or to create derivative works of, any or all of the materials or content available on the Site, or to use it for commercial purposes.
4. Conditions of Use and Acceptable Usage Policy Relating To Public Forums
The Site may contain interactive services, including but not limited to discussion groups, news groups, bulletin boards, chat rooms, blogs and other social networking features, such as the display of Linked Content from Interfacing Sites (as described in Section 5 below) (collectively, "Public Forums"), which may allow you to post, transmit or submit information, including but not limited to writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings ("Postings"). We may or may not actively monitor Postings on Public Forums. Similarly, we may or may not exercise editorial control over Postings on any Public Forum. You may be exposed to content on Public Forums that is inaccurate, fraudulent or deceptive, or that you find offensive or objectionable. Your use of Public Forums is at your own risk.
We reserve the right, but are not obliged, to monitor Public Forums and to remove or alter any Postings that we consider, in our sole discretion, to constitute misuse of these rules. We may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of these services or the Site where, in our sole discretion, we believe that there may have been such a misuse.
The following examples constitute misuse of the Site:
This list only serves to provide examples and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of the type of unacceptable uses of the Site or Public Forums that may result in the restriction, suspension, or termination of your use of the Site or Public Forums. Due to the global nature of the Internet, users hereby agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Users also agree to comply with any applicable rules regarding the export of any data from any country.
Any Postings you make will be deemed not to be confidential or secret. You understand that personal and other information (e.g., username, email address, phone number) that you post on or through Public Forums is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. You should not include any personally identifiable information about yourself or any other person in any Postings. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to remove any Postings that contain personally identifiable information. We shall not be liable for the use or misuse of any information or data, including personal information, that you post on our Public Forums.
You represent and warrant that your Postings are original to you, do not infringe on another party's intellectual property rights, are not obscene, vulgar, offensive, malicious, discriminatory, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful, that no other party has any rights thereto, and that any "moral rights" in your Postings have been waived, and you grant us a royalty-free, unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully transferable, assignable, and sub-licensable right and license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Postings (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for any editorial, commercial, non-commercial, promotional, or other purpose.
We are not responsible for maintaining your Postings and we may delete or destroy them at any time.
Content, information, and materials posted by users to public forums are not endorsed by us. It is your responsibility to evaluate and confirm the accuracy of information provided by other users on or through public forums. The opinions expressed in Public Forums are not necessarily ours. Any statements, advice, and opinions made by participants are those of such participants only. We shall not be held responsible for any statements, advice, opinions, or other content or materials on Public Forums. You release us from all claims and demands of every kind and nature, known and unknown, howsoever arising out of or in any way connected with a dispute with another user of the Site.
5. Interfacing Sites - You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the content ("Linked Content") hosted by unaffiliated websites ("Interfacing Sites") to which you or we may link from the Site, or otherwise display on the Site via an application programming interface or other method.
We do not host or store Linked Content. The display of Linked Content or the provision of links to Interfacing Sites does not constitute an endorsement by or association with us of such Linked Content, Interfacing Sites, or products, advertising, or other materials presented on such sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage, loss, or cost caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on such Interfacing Sites, or for any action taken by Interfacing Sites.
To utilize some of the functionality of the Site you may be required to establish an account with a username and password with Interfacing Sites. As these are unaffiliated sites, we are not responsible for any username, password, or other information these sites may collect. We also will never ask you to provide us with your password for Interfacing Sites. If you are unable to establish accounts on these Interfacing Sites for any reason, you may not be able to fully utilize the functionality provided by the Site.
6. Materials submitted by you - Unless specifically requested, we do not solicit nor do we wish to receive any confidential, secret,or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site or any of its services, by email or in any other way. Any information or material you submit that has not expressly been requested by us will be deemed not to be confidential, secret, or proprietary. You agree that any information or materials you submit to the Site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, in any format (including, but not limited to, writings, images, illustrations, audio recordings, and video recordings), may be used, reproduced and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source. You also warrant that any "moral rights" in posted materials have been irrevocably waived by the appropriate authors. We shall have no liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of use or disclosure of such materials by us to the extent permitted by law. This paragraph does not affect any rights you may have under data privacy laws that protect your personal information or similar privacy laws, to the extent that such rights cannot be waived or excluded.
7. Accounts and Security - We may enable you to establish an account with a username and password to access and use certain areas of the Site, Public Forums, and other services. You may not create an account unless you are of the legal age to purchase alcohol in the Republic of South Africa, being the age of 18, and in the country in which you are accessing the Site. You shall provide us with accurate account information. You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any activity using your account and password. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is your sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, control access to and use of your account, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
8. No warranties - The site is provided "as is," and your use thereof is at your own risk. We and our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any and all express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, performance, title, and non-infringement. We do not warrant that the site will be free from viruses, available, accessible, error-free, uninterrupted, or that the contents will be accurate. Although we take reasonable steps to secure the site, you acknowledge that the internet is not a completely secure medium and we make no warranties, express or implied, that any information or materials you post on or transmit through the site will be safe from unauthorised access or use. If you are dissatisfied with the site, your sole remedy is and shall be to discontinue using the site.
9. Third party goods and services - We do not vouch for those persons, companies, and other organisations whose goods or services may be accessed or displayed through or on the site.
10. Your responsibility - You should always verify any information set forth on the Site with independent authorities before acting or relying on it. It is your responsibility to use virus-checking software on any material downloaded from the Site and to ensure the compatibility of such software with your equipment.
In circumstances where you provide us with personally identifiable or other information relating to any third parties, you warrant that you have received that third party's consent for such disclosure and that the third party has been informed of, and agrees to, our Privacy and Cookie Notice and any uses we may make of such information.
11. No liability - To the fullest extent permitted by law we and our officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns hereby disclaim any and all liability for any loss, cost or damage (direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of your use of the site or from any computer virus transmitted through the site, or other sites accessed from the site, regardless of whether such loss, cost or damage arises from our negligence or otherwise, and regardless of whether we are or have been expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages, costs, losses and causes of action in the aggregate (whether in contract, tort, including, but not limited to, negligence, strict liability or product liability) arising from your use of the site exceed, in the aggregate, $100.00 (us).
12. User Information - In the course of your use of the Site, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information to us (such information referred to hereinafter as "User Information"). Our information collection and use policies with respect to such User Information are set forth in the Privacy and Cookie Notice. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of the User Information.
14. Restriction, Suspension and Termination - We may restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Site and/or your ability to avail of any of the services on the Site, including interactive services, at any time if we believe that you have breached these Conditions of Use. Any such restriction, suspension, or termination will be without prejudice to any rights that we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Condotions of Use. We may also remove the Site as a whole or any sections or features of the Site at any time. Please note that we have the ability to trace your IP address and if necessary contact your internet service provider in the event of a suspected breach of these Conditions of Use.
15. Entire Agreement - These Conditions of Use, including our Privacy and Cookie Notice, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter and supersedes any and all prior promises, representations, agreements, statements, and understandings of any sort whatsoever between us. To the extent that software is available through the Site, such software may be subject to a license agreement that is distributed or included with such software, and you agree to abide by the Conditions of Use of any such license agreements. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Conditions of Use shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Conditions of Use is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in that provision, and the other provisions of the Conditions of Use shall remain in full force and effect. We may, at our option, cede, assign, or otherwise transfer any or all of our rights and obligations under the Conditions of Use to any third party or parties at any time.
16. Copyright And IP Agent for the United States - We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require that the people who use the Site do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to the Copyright Agent named below:
We may not be able to remove Linked Content that is hosted by Interfacing Sites. You may need to contact the appropriate Interfacing Site for removal of your work.
17. Export Controls - To the extent that software or technical data is accessible through the Site, such software or technical data may be subject to export, re-export, and/or import controls imposed by the United States or any other jurisdiction, and may not be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of the laws of any applicable jurisdiction including, but not limited to: (a) into (or to a national or resident of) any country to which the U.S. has placed an embargo or which is subject to relevant export restrictions; (b) anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals list, or (c) in violation of the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Denial Orders.
18. Law and Jurisdiction - These Conditions of Use, including the Privacy and Cookie Notice and any matter relating to the Site, shall be governed by English law without regard to its conflict of law rules. Any legal proceeding arising out or relating to these Conditions of Use that is against or relating to us or any indemnified party will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom and you hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
© 2016. All rights reserved.
Version 9.5 dated 2016
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - TOPS at SPAR COMPETITION
1 Important Notice
1.1 These terms and conditions contain certain terms and conditions which (i) may limit the risk or liability of the promoters or a third party, (ii) may create risk or liability for you; and/or (iii) may compel you to indemnify Diageo SA or a third party; and/or (iv) may be an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
1.2 You acknowledge that by submitting your entry to the competition, you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read and understand these terms and conditions before entering the competition and you agree to them.
1.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("the CPA").
2 This promotional competition is organised by Diageo South Africa (Pty) Ltd (registration number: 1964/003344/07) ("Diageo SA") and TOPS at SPAR and its selected national stores (collectively "the promoters"). A full list of these stores is available on request.
3 The competition commences on 6 June 2016 and ends on 6 August 2016.
4 You will only be eligible to enter this competition if:
4.1 You are a natural person over the age of 18 at the date of entry. You will be required to submit a valid South African ID book or card to verify your age if you win;
4.2 You are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to Diageo SA or participating promoters above, or any marketing service provider in respect of the promotional competition or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter/s or suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition, or the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such a person;
4.3 It is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation and Diageo SA reserves the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply the prize to you;
4.4 You, and your traveling companion, have valid passports which will remain valid or a period of not less than 3 (three) months after the date of winning.
5 To enter this competition and stand a chance to win:-
5.1 Purchase a 750ml bottle of Bell's Extra Special, Johnnie Walker Red Label, Johnnie Walker Black Label and J&B Rare during the period of the competition from 5 June 2016 - 6 August 2016.
5.2 SMS your name and last 4 digits of the barcode to 32282.
6 The prize will be a trip for 2 to Scotland to visit the 6 malt distilleries. The 6 day trip (including 2 days of travel).
7 The prize excludes flights/hotel accommodation to and from OR Tambo Airport as well as any associated visa costs
8 Your entry will be withdrawn if the 750ml bottle of Bell's Extra Special, Johnnie Walker Red Label, Johnnie Walker Black Label and J&B Rare purchased in connection with the competition is returned by you.
9 Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner's own account. Diageo SA and its associates, if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance of the prize, whether foreseen or not.
10 The prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. Diageo SA reserves the right to alter the prize to a prize of comparable commercial value.
11 There will be 1 winner. The winner will be drawn randomly by an independent auditor/) on [12 August 2016] and the winner will be notified telephonically in the following week. If the winner cannot be contacted telephonically for a period of 7 days, the prize will be forfeited to a runner-up. If the runner-up cannot be contacted for a further period of 7 days, the process will be repeated until a winner is confirmed.
12 The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the competition is conditional on you agreeing to take part in such publicity. The winner will not be entitled to any remuneration for taking part in such publicity. All and any materials, including publicity materials, are the sole property of Diageo SA.
13 Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner's own account. Diageo SA and its associates if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and use of a prize, whether foreseen or not.
14 To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the winner will be liable therefore, and Diageo SA will not increase the value of the prize to compensate for such charges.
15 Should you win the prize, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
16 Diageo SA reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prize (if it has not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which Diageo SA reasonably deems necessary. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
17 In the event of a dispute, the decision of the auditors is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18 If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, or if they refuse to sign the Diageo SA winner declaration or the Diageo SA winner prize acceptance form, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which Diageo SA and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
19 The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
20 Promoter's Address: Building 4, Maxwell Office Park, Magwa Crescent West, Waterfall City, Jukskei View, Midrand, 2090.